- Students must have a GPA of 8.5/10 or above from Bachelor’s or Master’s degree conducted at one of the participating institutions: IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras or IISc.
- Students are required to attach a letter of support from the Dean, International of one of the participating institutions: IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras or IISc.
Note: you need to have a degree from one of the above institutions before seeking the letter.
- Students are also required to attach a letter of support from the proposed supervisor at the Indian institute and the University of Melbourne. Students must have a supervisor at the University of Melbourne (in Science or Engineering) and a co-supervisor at IISc, IIT Kanpur, IIT Madras or IIT Kharagpur at time of application.
- View the list of proposed PhD projects, or contact relevant staff member to discuss an alternative project. In both cases, you will be required to communicate with the nominated Melbourne supervisor directly to seek their approval.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted at any time during the year.
- Submit an online application for the PhD course and Graduate Research Scholarships: International.
- You need to apply for candidature and a scholarship, and mention that you are applying for a MIPP scholarship.
- To avoid delays in the assessment of your application, you must include all required documents.
- Note: submission of application along with documents listed above allows your application to be assessed by the selection panel on a competitive basis. Application submission does not guarantee the admission to PhD program and scholarship.
University of Melbourne contacts
Faculty of Science
Telephone: +61 3 8344 7090
Engineering and IT
Deputy Director, MIPP
Telephone: +61 3 8344 5587